For the last time on this blog: Hello
friends!
I so look forward to giving you all real live greetings and real live hugs. We are home in just days! We are taking an overnight bus from Belize to Cancun on Tuesday night and then on Wednesday we fly Cancun to Calgary, and Calgary to Winnipeg, arriving just before midnight. We have already dreamt up all sorts of plans for the first days back: planting our garden, setting up the sewing room again, a thirft store tour of Southern Manitoba, and taking a spin on our bikes. We are also pumped to get together with you lovely people.
As for what we are up to right now, we are
loving Belize and loving our family here. Our first week here involved high
temperatures, always in the 30's, and swimming in the local pool every day. The
pool is great, it is in the middle of cow pastures and has been made on top of
a fresh spring... so the water just flows through pure and wonderful! Blaine
and Melissa are such great hosts, so we have been eating well and feeling very
loved. We have been devouring all sorts of fresh (and free, because they come
off of backyard trees) fruits such as grapefruits, mangos, oranges, bananas,
lemons, and papayas. It will be hard to not have these anymore when we get
home! We have also been playing all of our favorite games,
namely Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan. Such a blast! Aside from that,
Kayla and Ava have kept us entertained with their singing and silly antics.
Last Monday Nathan, Blaine, Melissa, and I
made our way to Belize City to go to the zoo, eat at a nice restaurant, and
swim in the ocean. It was a really nice and peaceful day... and that zoo is the
best I have ever seen! It is like being in the jungle and the animal compounds
are all very natural. This is because all of the animals are native to Belize.
The animals there were injured, abandoned, or born at the zoo and some are
released back into the wild. It just felt like walking around the jungle, with
monkeys and macaws abounding! At the end of our day Blaine and Melissa dropped
us off at the watertaxi dock so we could make our way to Caye Caulker, a
georgeous laid back little Island about 45 minutes from the city. Nathan and I
were there until Friday and lapped it all up. We kayaked, swam, and snorkeled
to our hearts content. We had the privelege of swimming alongside eels, many
types of fish, sharks, sting rays, and a manatee. It was a hoot. After our time
there we came back to Blue Creek to spend a bit more time with Blaine, Melissa
(her baby belly), and the kids.
We really look forward to sharing photos
with you when we get home, and hearing your stories from the last five months
too.
I can barely wait!
Big love,
Chloe (and Nathan)
(It's Jen from Jenora Soaps) Not sure of your email or if you will pick up my reply on my blog, so here is my response to your comment (By the way, looks like you had a FABULOUS trip in latin america!!!). Lynnybee, My solid oils are Coconut and shea. All of my soaps have organic non-refined shea butter in them. I love it. I have made soaps that I have liked with only Olive, Coconut and Castor though... I also make a soap with only olive oil. 2 active ingredients - water and organic, extra-virgen olive oil. Let me know how your formulating goes!! I remember when I took the no-palm decision and the early days formulating were frustrating until I struck on to recipes that i really liked. Good luck! xo Jen
ReplyDelete